The cupcake world just got a whole lot better, and because we love our fans, we are giving you the secret recipe that will show you why! We tried them ourselves, and the results were unanimous: YUUUMMM!!
- 2-4 Key Lime Coconut Patties
- 1 package of 8-pc mini Key Lime Coconut Patties
- 1 Pouch (1 Ib 1.5 oz) of sugar cookies mix
- 6 tablespoons of butter or margarine, softened
- 4 teaspoons of grated key lime or regular lime peel
- 1 whole egg
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 cans (14 oz each) of sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- ¾ cup of fresh key lime juice or regular lime juice
- 1 drop of green food coloring, if desired
- 1 container of vanilla or cream cheese frosting
- 1 package of graham crackers
Pre-heat the oven to 375 Degrees. These cupcakes are double-layered, so keep that in mind for the amount of mixture you pour in for each layer.
|(Look how the cupcake has two layers!)|
Top Layer: Carefully trim the chocolate off of the Coconut Patties. Cut the coconut into small pieces and then finely chop the pieces in a food processor.
In medium bowl, beat the Coconut Patties mixture (from food processor), 4 egg yolks, condensed milk, lime juice, and food coloring with an electric mixer on medium speed for about 1 minute or until well blended. Pour evenly on top of the partially baked crusts, filling each about three-fourths full.
Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until edges are set and centers are still soft. Cool 20 minutes. Cover; refrigerate until chilled (at least 2 hours but no longer than 2 days).
Stir the remaining 1 teaspoon of lime peel into frosting. Frost cupcakes. Garnish with Graham Cracker pieces and a mini Key Lime Coconut Patty and enjoy!!
Thank you to Makayla Steiner for the delicious recipe idea!